I was looking over some notes and felt the Leading of the Lord to share. It maybe new to some but to others you may be familiar with the message. But no matter what it’s still helpful to the body of Christ.
For any true changes to take place and remain effective there must be a true structure to nurture and support it. Our desire is to return to the 1st Century Church, a Church that was true to the Great Commission and The Commandments of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Church then offered people fellowship, discipleship, worship, ministry and evangelism. Without this type of balance in the Body of Christ it will emphasize the purpose that expresses the gifts and passions of its leaders especially the Pastor. The gifts and passions of the pastor would then limited to his or her specific mixing of gifts. The church must be lead by the pastor , but not limited by the pastor . There must be a balance and that is the key word here. So Brothers and Sisters who are Pastoring look for the new wine and give yourselves totally over the Holy Spirit as HE pours into us a fresh new Move of the Spirit.
Five Kinds of Churches
1. The Soul winning Church- the terms you’re likely to hear most often are witnessing, evangelism, salvation, altar calls and crusades. In this church, anything other than evangelism is considered and second role. The pastor sees his role as an evangelist.
2. Experiencing God Church- here the passion and gifts are in in the area of worship. They will be directed to experience the passion and gifts in the church through worship. Key terms are praise , prayer , worship, music, and the gifts of the spirit, power and revival. The pastor will instinctively lead the church into experiencing the presence of God through singing, praise and worship.
3. The Family Reunion Church- the church that focuses primarily on fellowship is shared by the pastor and they are highly relational, loves people, and spends most of their time caring for the needs of the people. The pastor becomes a chaplain. Key terms are love, belonging, fellowship, caring, relationship, potluck dinners, small groups, and fun. Most churches of this type have less than 200 members because that’s all that one person can personally handle.
4. The Classroom Church- the church views the primary role of the pastor as being a teacher. If teaching is the primary gift, then they will emphasize the preaching and teaching of the Word, and not the other purposes and gifts of the church. Members come to church with a notebook, take notes, and go home. Key words are expository preaching, bible study, Greek and Hebrew, doctrine, knowledge, truth and discipleship.
5. The Social Conscience Church- the pastor of this church views themselves as a prophet and reformer. This church will change the world through prophecy and taking stands against injustice and world causes and events. Using biblical references to support their stands is a primary tool. Key terms are: needs, serve, share, minister, take a stand and the do something mind set.
When speaking of the New Wine, all 5 of these type churches should not be splintered and separated but all 5 of these types of things should be in the 1st Century type Church that has new wine flowing in them. We will see all of the ministry gifts flowing and not just some of the ministry gifts.We need more 1st century type churches today.
So brothers and sisters ask the Father for New Wine, just know that there is a process to get the new wine but submit your self to the process and walk in the shoes of the saints from the first century where they turn their known world upside down. Amen